GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Previous searches - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Previous searches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previous searches

Can someone offer some advice please? I have recently recieved my credit report and in the Previous searches section it show 3 searches First one is from Lowells who purchased one of my debts from the original creditor on the 1-6-11 the search was on 17-6-11. The second and third searches were by a company called Citifinancial Europe PLC both on the same date 20-8-10, this company is not known to me I have never had any kind of debt with this company and I have certainly not applied for any credit in many a year so why would they be searching my file?
    At the top of this section it say's Searches of your credit report should all have been made with your consent.
    Lastly does anyone know why accounts that have been settled well over 6 years ago still show on the credit report? As always I appreciate any help.

Re: Previous searches

Did you ever have a citi card?

Read this - all answered in there: ---> All About Credit Reference Agencies CIFAS - allaboutFORUMS
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy
      Thank you for the prompt response. I had read through the link before but still don't fully understand it, but thats cos im fick.
      I have never ever had a citicard any idea why they would perform 2 searches on the same day?
      I hope you and your family are all well.
      Kind Regards

Comment

Hiya

They do this cos you'll have applied, but in any case, it doesn't matter cos you're not after credit are you? Plus they'll drop off soon enough......

Regards settled accounts, they are removed 6 years after the account was settled, so say you used it right through until May 2005 and then never used it again, by June 2011 the entry would drop off. It is 6 years AFTER the last transaction, as such....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Egg is (or was) Citigroup as well I think?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you for explaining that in a way I understand. When you say they do that cos I will have applied what do you mean? I have had financial difficulties for some time and I have not applied for anything for well over 4/5 years, I know in the scale of things it doesn't make any difference because I will not be applying for anything ever again, but I have been following your own story with horror and just thought it was odd because I don't know who these people are and I know 100% that I have not applied for any type of credit, loan, insurance etc.
            Most Grateful

Comment

Thanks Rizzle mystery solved then as I do have 2 egg accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by clueless24 View Post
                Thanks Rizzle mystery solved then as I do have 2 egg accounts.
                Hate to say it - blonde?

Comment

Working...
                X