GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Two insurance quotes on Experian, never applied for insurance! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two insurance quotes on Experian, never applied for insurance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two insurance quotes on Experian, never applied for insurance!

Hi not been on for a while to post, I look in to view, right, checked my Experian file and on the previous searches there were 2 Insurance quotes!
    One was for the AA insurance?
    The other was an RBS iro Privilige? I have not applied for any insurance product whatsover

Niddy have you any idea how this can happen? My name details and date of birth are exact. I know it isn't a credit or bank account fraudulent application but it is worrying me!

Thanks
    Bo x

Re: Two insurance quotes on Experian, never applied for insurance!

Have you *ever* applied for anything via a comparison site? As that can authorise searches.

If not just raise a dispute and await a reply to gain contact details and demand removal. Chances are its a quote based on an old application - could even be from 5 years ago.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Have you *ever* applied for anything via a comparison site? As that can authorise searches.

If not just raise a dispute and await a reply to gain contact details and demand removal. Chances are its a quote based on an old application - could even be from 5 years ago.
      Thanks for your quick reply, thinking back about 4 years ago I did go through confused website. I never knew they could do that so many year's later how cheeky!

Can I get this stopped?
      Last edited by Bosieb; 14 March 2012, 22:04.

Comment

Yea just send a dispute to the cra first saying you never agreed to this search.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Yea just send a dispute to the cra first saying you never agreed to this search.
          Yes, going to do that

Comment

out of curiosity do you think a couple of searches for home/car insurance will hurt the file?????

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
              out of curiosity do you think a couple of searches for home/car insurance will hurt the file?????
              Don't think so......Scottish Power do for utilities but they do ask first
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No but some MSE'rs are fascinated with clean credit files as they have this weird misconception that if you have more than 12 searches it'll go against you - yet most fail to recognise that 12 searches in itself is enough to tell you that you aint credit worthy!

My file shows 4 searches in the last 3 years....... that's a normal credit file and thats why when I do apply I usually get accepted regardless last year I had 31 defaults showing on there! (now I have only 5)

Comment

It depends how the search is described on your file. The ones I get as a result of comparison websites always say "Quotation" next to the 'reason for search' question on the file. Under that bit it usually says "Unrecorded Enquiry" which means it's only left a soft footprint which the CRA and I can see but nobody else searching the file gets to see it so it's a pretty meaningless entry really

Comment

Hi mgfboy, the reason I'm bothered is because I didn't request any insurance quotes and was surprised to see two quotes when I logged in to Experian. I remember about 4-5 years ago I did use the confused website but all that time ago.
                    I thing it's wrong to do that without asking nearly 5 years on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosieb View Post
                      Hi mgfboy, the reason I'm bothered is because I didn't request any insurance quotes and was surprised to see two quotes when I logged in to Experian. I remember about 4-5 years ago I did use the confused website but all that time ago.
                      I thing it's wrong to do that without asking nearly 5 years on.
                      Totally agree they have no right to abuse your personal data like this...... get em told and if they don't deal with it then ICO complaint time

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                        Don't think so......Scottish Power do for utilities but they do ask first
                        Yes, that's what I mean they do ask first! At first I thought someone had got my details!

Comment

Working...
                        X