X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Lender searches which Credit Reference Agency

Which Lender searches which Credit Reference Agency

This section is to explain which lender searches which credit agency; put simply if you want to apply for a bank account, card or loan from lender that only uses the records of say Equifax, this guide will show you the way...

The guide is listed into categories, if any of the information quoted is inaccurate or out-of-date please post a reply to the thread and one of the mods will investigate and update the thread accordingly. Please bear in mind the information provided below is a guide only and not to be taken as guaranteed as lenders do change their supplier from time to time, and/or use additional facilities.

Tip - Click the company name to be taken to the product homepage!

Each search is established by the following legend:

EX = Experian
    EQ = Equifax
    CC = Call Credit
    To access each section, simply click on the relevant link below;
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Bank - Current Accounts

Bank - Current Accounts

Allied Irish Bank (First Trust Bank)
    Search: EQ
    Report:

Bank Of Cyprus

Search:
    EQ
    Report: EQ

Bank Of Ireland

Report: EX, EQ

Barclays

Search: EX
    Report: EX, EQ, CC

Citibank

Report: EX

Co-operative Bank & Smile

Coventry Building Society

Report:

Cumberland Building Society

Search:

Halifax & Bank of Scotland

Intelligent Finance
    (Not accepting new applications)
    Search:
    Report:EX, EQ, CC

HSBC & First Direct

Search: EX, EQ

Leeds Building Society

Report:

Lloyds TSB

Metrobank

Report:

Nationwide

Northern Bank

Report:

Northern Rock

Report:

Norwich & Peterborough Building Society

Report: EQ, CC

Royal Bank of Scotland & NatWest

Santander

Yorkshire Bank & Clydesdale Bank (National Australia Group)

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Credit Cards

Credit Cards

Allied Irish Bank (incl.Saga, First Trust Bank)

American Express

Bank Of Ireland

Search: EQ (EX for Post Office Card)

Barclaycard (
      incl. Bhs, Hilton HHonors, Orange, Priority Club, Thomas Cook)

Capital One

Citicard (Not accepting new applications)

Co-operative Bank & Smile

Egg (issued by
      Citicard)

Halifax & Bank of Scotland (
      incl. Marriot Rewards, Sainsbury's)
      Search: EX (+ EQ for Aqua Card)

HSBC (
      incl. First Direct, M&S, The GM Card)
      Search: EX, CC (EQ for John Lewis Card)

Lloyds TSB

Search: EX, CC

MBNA (
      incl. AA, Amazon, bmi, BT, ICICI, Leeds BS, Newcastle BS, Norwich & Peterborough BS, Play.com, SonyCard, Virgin)
      Search: EX, CC (+ EQ for credit limit increases)

Nationwide

Northern Bank

Report:

Royal Bank of Scotland & NatWest (
      incl. Tesco, Ulster Bank)

Santander Cards (
      incl. Asda, Debenhams, House of Fraser, PayPal, Ryanair)

Sygma Bank (All Saints, Creation, Donate As You Spend, Flybe Card, JJB Card, Maximiles, myWorld, Silver Card
      )

Vanquis

Yorkshire Bank & Clydesdale Bank (National Australia Group)

Comment

Loans

Loans

Black Horse
        Search:EX
        Report:

Clydesdale Bank
        Report:

Creation Loans

Report:

Halifax

Lloyds TSB

Report:

HSBC

Provident

Search: N/A (not credit searched)
        Report: EX, CC (+EQ if defaulted)

Quakle

Report:

RateSetter

Search: EQ, CC
        Report:

Santander

Report:

Tesco

YES-secure

Search: CC
        Report:

Zopa

Comment

Catalogues

Catalogues

Candid Collections Limited / JD Williams (Ambrose Wilson, Premier Man, Simply Be)

Findel Plc / Express Gifts (Ace, Health & Home Shopping, Studio)

Next Directory

Otto Group (Freemans, Grattan)

Redcats (Daxon, LaRedoute, Vertbaudet)

Shop Direct Group / Shop Direct Financial Services (Additions Direct, Choice, K & Co, Littlewoods, isme [
          formerly Marshall Ward] , Very)

Comment

Store Cards / Store Finance / Online Finance

Store Cards / Store Finance / Online Finance

Argos Store Card

Creation Financial Services (DSG Retail [Currys, Dixons, PC World], Dell, dfs, Dreams, M&Co, ScS, Selfridges, USC)
            Report:

Ikano Financial Services (Habitat, IKEA, Mango, New Look, Oasis, Principles, Warehouse)

Next

Santander Cards (Arcadia Group [Burton, Comet, Dorothy Perkins, Evans, Miss Selfridge, Outfit, Topshop, Topman, Wallis], Debenhams & House of Fraser)

V12 Finance (1staudiovisual, aria, DABS.com, Direct Golf UK, Futurehome, Martyn Lynch & Sons, Misco, mynewcheap, Scan, Wheelies Direct)
            Search: CC
            Report:

Comment

Mortgages

Mortgages

Brittania Building Society
              Report:

Cheltenham & Gloucester

Report:

Co-operative Bank

Report:

Coventry Building Society

Search:

GMAC RFC
              (through an IFA)

Halifax

Report:

HSBC

Report:

Nationwide

Norwich and Peterborough

Northern Rock

Report:

Santander

Yorkshire Building Society

Report:

Comment

Motor Finance

Motor Finance

Alphera Finance
                Report:

Black Horse

Report:

Duncton

Report:

Santander Consumer Motor Finance

Toyota Financial Services

Volkswagen Financial

Report:

Comment

Utilities, Mobiles, Landline, TV & Internet

Utilities, Mobiles, Landline, TV & Internet

BT

British Gas

Carphone Warehouse

O2

Search: EQ (EXfor business tariffs)

Orange

T-Mobile

Tesco Mobile

Virgin Mobile

Virgin Media

Vodafone

Comment

Re: Which Lender searches which Credit Reference Agency

If users can post comments here clarifying the above dependant on the accounts you hold, that'd be great! Lenders change and swap CRA's all the time so the info above is only as good as the day I last updated things..

Thanks

Comment

Yorkshire Water have just started reporting mine on Experian this month. As it happens I'm up to date, but I'm annoyed that I've been with them since 1998 and have never signed anything to allow them to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
                        Yorkshire Water have just started reporting mine on Experian this month. As it happens I'm up to date, but I'm annoyed that I've been with them since 1998 and have never signed anything to allow them to do this.
                        Oh I am arguing with their CEO with this one, same as e-On as both have started reporting (e-On report to Equifax) without any agreement by me. Apparently the ICO say it's acceptable to suddenly start reporting data if they tell us - to which I argued yes, if we have right to refuse service however as water boards are tied to a locale, we cannot argue with YW and decide to go to Severn can we, hence due to lack of competition they actually cannot share my data as there is no way for me to reject such sharing in line with my human rights.

They have not come back to me yet.... I might start a super-complaint regards this as it really winds me up that in essence they are saying we are now sharing your info but you have no right to reject it, because we supply your water and always will do so you get no choice about it either.

It's bollocks

Comment

I agree..count me in on the super complaint. I've had no communication from them whatsoever about this.
                          I detest YW anyway as a few years ago they sent me a summons in June, not just for arrears but for the water I hadn't used yet up to the following March. Had to cancel a holiday to pay it and prevent a CCJ.

Comment

This is really useful information !

Can someone explain the difference between "Search" and "Report" ?

For example Nationwide use EX only for Search but EX,EQ and CC for Report ?

Thanks

Comment

It means they search x agency but when accepted they share data with x, y & z agency - of course

Comment

Who's Viewing Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
                              Who's Viewed Thread:
                              Working...
                              X