GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Car loan and equifax - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car loan and equifax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car loan and equifax

I was late on a payment for my car loan last year. Some sub prime outfit called Moneyway via the car shop. They started filing payments with equifax including the 1 late payment.

I've been making regular payments and on time since then. However Moneyway stopped updating my credit files about 4 months ago. The late payment is now frozen in time as a consequence.

Is there anything I can do to get Moneyway and equifax to update my credit file?

Re: Car loan and equifax

Have a read here---> Default on CRA vs Default s87 / s88 CCA1974

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Don't see the relevance to my query?

Comment

it probably is relevant now. ironically since posting my original question the company have updated my CRFs and plumped on a late payment marker. I was 1 DAY late. 1 day. On the 'phone they said words to the effect of too bad, we can do what we like and a day may as well be a month. I have been behind for longer in the past and had to wait a couple of months before I even found out they had done this.

Anything doing?

Comment

Working...
        X