GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Halifax Credit Card - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halifax Credit Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax Credit Card

Does anyone know which CRA's these report to? Is it all 3? Is it just 2 and of these 2 has one of them changed between August 2012 and January 2013?.

If they change who they report too, is information ported from the old CRA to the new CRA? and if so would the whole account go to the new CRA or is it permissable for them to move just what they want.

For example if they were reporting to Experian and had 5 years data from an account thats 7 years old could they port that to say Equifax but just report 4 years data.?

Many Thanks

Re: Halifax Credit Card

HBOS Credit card reports monthly feeds to all 3.

The data history would still vanish 6yrs after default. Can you tell us the answer then I'll be able to help with the question

In a situation where the lender does swap CRA's (ie Nationwide did recently) then you'll find they port the same data as at transfer date so if it was a live account with 7 years it'd port 7 years history the same.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The reason I asked is they have deleted, a rather incriminating for them, data set from Experian. They were not reporting it to Equifax at that time.

This data set has appeared on Equifax some 6 months later minus a years worth of data plus other differences. Nothing is now being reported to Experian.

I am presently drafting a FOS complaint about something different and was looking back through our retained copies of our CRA's.

The Experian report tends to back me up but will slightly change the angle of attack. The Equifax report has lost a years worth of green good payments (I have taken into account the few months that have gone by aswell) which are reported on the Experian report and starts just at our financial meltdown. Like the week before so the account looks even more pants than it did lol.

The new report corresponds with the Call Credit Report so I have issues with both. The Experian report which just happens to be the oldest report corresponds more to what my position is. The nearest dated Call Credit report doesnt correspond to this Experian report.

So the jist of what my question revolves around is that did Halifax do a company move and I am looking too deeply or have Halifax been busy tidying up our data set to fit their story.

I think from your answer that its the second.

But of course unless they and Experian have talked then Halifax are unaware of this report which contradicts what they are showing now. And its what they are showing now that I have the beef about.

Already had a DCA who tried this and they are somewhat lighter in the wallet. So ding ding round two lol.

Comment

You should SAR Experian mate. Then when you get a copy of what used to appear you can compare it then appeal to Equifax & CC about it. However the creditors are under no obligation to report any set data. The only stipulations are that it's factual, relevant and specific to you - the data subject.

So if the data isn't wrong, I mean materially wrong ie wrong default dates, and the only issue is varying data / more/less data being recorded - sorry but tough. The bank can wipe your whole record if they see fit. Likewise they can report live, closed or defaulted accounts. It's their choice as data controller. The CRA is technically the data processor which in itself means they only record data which the controller provided them.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Niddy.

Thats how I understood it all aswell was just interested if they had a change in commercial contract around that time thus making the porting of a data set nothing out of the ordinary.

However as they dont seem to have and am sure a change of reporting company and actual data set is not an automatic thing then one has to surmise a manual intervention on this account in order for the reporting company to be changed and the data set cleaned of certain information and other information added.

Like you say they are allowed if its factual/relevant and specific.

Finally as I forgot to ask have you ever heard of a live account say being reported to Experian. The account is settled by the account holder. The Experian entry is wiped and a new amended settled account entry appears on Equifax?

Comment

Working...
          X