GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pre Order never turned up, what can i do? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre Order never turned up, what can i do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Order never turned up, what can i do?

Hey guys.

My mother paid for a DVD on pre order last January, which was due for release in the February, i contacted the company in March asking where it was, and got an email saying the producer was finalising the DVD as he had extra material to add to it, and the release date has been delayed.

In June i emailed again asking if my mother would get her DVD yet and i expressed my anger at the way they mislead me in to believing it would be released in the February, i asked them to either tell me when it will be released, or refund my mothers money., and they ignored my email.

This week, i emailed them yet again, and stated i wanted a full refund, but they have still ignored me yet again.

The amount is only £13, but if they did this to 100 people, it starts to add up.

The producer is forever advertising new DVD's through his newsletter to its obvious to me, he took money off of people to fund these things, without ever having a real idea of when it would be completed.

My mother doesnt mind waiting a couple of months, but its getting close to a year now, which takes the piss.

She cant remember what card she used to pay for it, and it was handled through paypal payments, i have a receipt number, but because it was handled via non account paypal (i.e their merchant is paypal, but didnt use a paypal account to pay for it) theres no way of registering a dispute with paypal.

Anyone know what i can do about this?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Pre Order never turned up, what can i do?

I don't really know SXGuy...perhaps get in touch with trading standards?
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Pre Order never turned up, what can i do?

Thanks, i had thought of Trading Standards.

I guess thats really my only option, its no longer about the money, its the principle really.

I might email paypal and ask them if they can refund money that has been taken through them without an account and see what they say.

Comment

Working...
      X