GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Argos - Having a Laugh! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Argos - Having a Laugh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Argos - Having a Laugh!

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    Not if she were in bed with me - I'd be twiddling something and it wouldn't be my thumbs!
    And no CC. I think if she was in bed with you she would still be twiddling her thumbs after five minutes,Max.
    Last edited by gravytrain; 6 January 2013, 20:58.

Comment

Had the same thing just before xmas.

But a microwave not a sofa. We went to the top (CEO) and got a £10 voucher but werent very happy with the way it was all handled.

We used the fact that the CEO has just publicly stated that he wishes to reposition the company to attract the more affluent shoppers and directly compete with the likes of Amazon.

The idea is the shops are going to become more of a local dist hub for the internet purchases.

But as you can see within this forum they are making a right mess of it all.

And then when they do the customer service is lousy afterwards.

The amount we got relative to goods we had purchased was ok but the actual loss we recorded because the goods we had ordered online wasnt actually there was more than they offered. (Time, petrol, admin etc)

Think if they dont buck their ideas up you have a car crash in slow motion happening here.

Comment

For many items, Argos is no longer the least expensive store and they will find it increasingly difficult to compete with online stores.

Unless they provide tangible reasons to use their stores (immediate collection, prompt delivery and good customer service) they'll go the same way as Comet has done. Currys has survived so far only because it is part of a larger trading group.

Comment

Totally agree with that CC.

They know the high street is dying as it cant compete with the internet.

But if they want to do what they say they want to do then they have to provide a good service and if and when they do make a cock up they need to stop being stingy and cough up an amount that the customer thinks " well fair enough mistakes happen but I will still use them"

What you never want as a retailer is the customer who says feck they were crap I aint using them again.

A customer who complains gives them the chance to win them back and learn.

A customer who just walks is a lost customer but crucially they will never know they made a mistake.

In these instances they are having the complaints but still managing to get the feck they were crap.

How many more are they losing because they just wont come back. They seek an alternative. And as you point out Argos are no longer the cheap option. Thats why they are seeking the more affluent client. But the more affluent client expects better service.

Unless they address this they are a company doomed to die.

Comment

To be frank these super companies that seem to have dominated the last 50 or so years - well I'm not that sad to see them go. Bye bye comet, woollies et al. I hope a load more follow suit.

It's the ONLY way to get better. Let the old shops close to be replaced with new blood. Hell, even my beloved Rangers did it right second time round.

Argos, Tesco, Boots - time to meet the reaper
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Dont get me started on Tesco grrrrrr.

So totally up themselves.

Last year my mum in law decided to get me a £20 giftcard from them off her pension.

So she did just that but when getting it there was some whoo haa as the card wouldnt load at first. But eventually it did. So they said anyway

Come xmas I get it. 2 months later I go to use it and guess what yep nothing on it.

They can tell the shop where the card came from as they are all unique but customer services couldnt do anything on the day. Give them their due they were very helpful.

So write to customer services at HQ as told to do and get a letter back saying they couldnt do anything as I must have spent it. Even though in store they had said they could see that first use was just before I had come to customer service desk that day.

So I write a furious missive off to that dick of a CEO they have asking how he could precide over a customer services team that was basically accusing me of being a crook. Even though their instore team was quite clear it had never been used and it was never reported stolen from the issuing store.

That they could see which shop it had come from. Was it reported stolen. They could see the transactions on it which had been nil until I tried to use it that day I first complained.

And finally this was a pensioners £20 not someone affluent.

Guess what he didnt even have the decency to reply.

So for me Tesco suck. I only use them to use my change up and piss their customers off by hogging a till while I spend £5 in 1ps at the self serve tills.

So if you see some goon hogging a till with bags of coin. Its me

And so what have Tesco done by not just gifting me £20. Yep lost a customer and also got one that hates them with a passion.

Enough to relate this story in the hope that even one person who reads this wont shop there this weekend.

So Tesco every little helps dont it. You love stealing £20 off pensioners dont you.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                But if they want to do what they say they want to do then they have to provide a good service and if and when they do make a cock up they need to stop being stingy and cough up an amount that the customer thinks " well fair enough mistakes happen but I will still use them"

What you never want as a retailer is the customer who says feck they were crap I aint using them again.
                Such a customer is worse than that, as they'll also tell their family and friends about the lamentable service they received. One disgruntled customer can mean a dozen or more lost sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  It's the ONLY way to get better. Let the old shops close to be replaced with new blood. Hell, even my beloved Rangers did it right second time round.
                  Celtic are much better, aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                    Celtic are much better, aren't they?
                    Probably better, yes (we've got a reserve side as our 1st team) but nowhere near as big or successful. Remember we've sold almost 40,000 season tickets - inside the top ten euro season ticket sales and 4th largest in UK.

So give it time. Right now we can't sign players either.
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      To be frank these super companies that seem to have dominated the last 50 or so years - well I'm not that sad to see them go. Bye bye comet, woollies et al. I hope a load more follow suit.

Argos, Tesco, Boots - time to meet the reaper
                      if it had been my old store it would have been 10-15% off the original price, refunded and free delivery that maybe why we did go under... but you are right £100.00 to put an error right for such a large company is nothing.Your friend should have offered it in the first place after all 70% of their custom is word of mouth, people never tell about the good things companies do only the bad, so when they do make a mistake the customer should be compensated in a way that the customer is happy they looked at the complaint seriously and took action to rectify the problem leaving both argos with a satisfied customer and the customer satisfied with argos.
                      ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Comment

What these companies don't realise is the damage that they cause to themselves by giving such vile service.

For instance, I will no longer use Electrical Discount or Pixmania, due to the complete lack of care and service provided to me/my family.

Neither will I recommend them to anyone!

Tesco is another shop that I won't go to, again, due to making me look like a fool at customer service with an overcharge.

I have in the past recommended orange; so from my recommendation, they received at least four new contracts that I know of - the same for Sky TV.

Having read this farce with regards to Argos then I will definitely steer clear of them on any delivered purchases.

Now had they been really great at customer service, then of course we would have read it here and thought - "Wow, such great service; must use them in the future".

If only they got the message...
                        If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Tesco is another shop that I won't go to, again, due to making me look like a fool at customer service with an overcharge.
                          Better to get even with Tesco and use their policies to extract revenge. Using Asda vouchers in Tesco is a good way to do so as they don't take the Asda receipt from you.

Went in yesterday as i'd been overcharged on the £3 meal deal to be told that although the OJ was in the labelled shelf space it wasn't part of the deal but i could buy a coke for 21p. Promptly went round the store and got £50 of stuff for 39p using Asda vouchers

I have in the past recommended orange
                          I told them not to even send me adverts through the post. Worst company i've ever dealt with, even TalkTalk weren't that bad although i did cancel before i was even connected and still have their router ! Most utilities are garbage though to be fair.

M1
                          Last edited by mystery1; 7 January 2013, 15:10.

Comment

What sort of Asda vouchers? Where would you find them, as I didn't know Asda "did" vouchers?

sigpic

Comment

Price guarantee.

ASDA Price Guarantee

M1

Comment

Ooooh those thingies! Get ya x

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X